LESSON 5B

COMPOSITION WORKSHOP

This is a composition I have written using the Italian augmented 6th chord and the V7/V chord.

In this video, I am performing the melody above.


While in composition class with Mr. Justinian, one of the things he spoke about was the four-bar phrasing. He said once you get the first four-bar phrase, you can easily vary it A few times before switching to something else. The next thing I taught about was how to keep it simple. Therefore, the next thing, I used crotchet notes to develop my chord structures. After completing that, I further added a bit of rhythm to it. After I was pleased with the melody and rhythm, I looked for areas where I could add The Italian augmented 6th chord and the V7/V chord according to class studies.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog